I was hanging out in my oldest daughter’s room the other day and looked over at her bookshelf. It’s pretty impressive since she likes collecting book serieses (???) but one book in particular caught my eye. She had a cookbook on her shelf. And she’s not a cook. So I promptly stole it from her because that’s what good moms do, right?
This stolen book is a cookbook from the editors of Southern Living magazine and it’s called Classic Southern Desserts. I really thought it would be older because I recognized several recipes that my grandma used to make when I was little (and I’m pretty sure this cookbook used to belong to her) but the copyright date says it was published in 2010. That was a disappointment since I like old things, but you know what WASN’T a disappointment? The TWENTY cheesecake recipes and the THIRTY cookie recipes! INCLUDING the recipe for Ultimate Chocolate Chip Cookies! Y’all, this cookbook is a gem and you need to keep an eye out for the cheesecake recipes that are coming at some point. But, I digress.
Now, this Ultimate Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe is pretty epic, but my 5 year old son decided we needed to take it a step further and add M&Ms. Because he’s addicted to sugar y’all. It’s a serious addiction that he’s gonna’ need intervention for one day but NOT today my friends. I have other things I’d rather do than have a sugar intervention.
But y’all. His addition REALLY upped the delicious factor with these cookies! They’re gooey, they’ve some texture and crunch, and they’re soft in the middle (unless you like crunchy cookies – I’ve given directions for both). They’ll be your favorite go-to cookie recipe since they’re fast and quick and soooo yummy!
So…without any further explanation because let’s be real, y’all just wanna’ make these amazing cookies … here’s the recipe for Ultimate M&M Chocolate Chip Cookies.
This post may contain affiliate links, meaning I receive a small commission if you purchase through my links, at no additional cost to you. Please read my Disclosure for more info.
Ultimate Chocolate Chip M&M Cookies
- Oven: 350 degrees
- Makes 36 cookies
- 2-4 Flat Cookie Sheets
- Parchment paper
- KitchenAid Mixer or Hand Mixer
- Mixing bowls
- Measuring Cups
- Measuring Spoons
- 2 regular spoons
- ¾ Cup butter, softened
- ¾ Cup granulated sugar
- ¾ Cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 2 large eggs
- 1 ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 3 Cups Einkorn Flour (or 2 ¼ Cups all-purpose flour if you don’t use einkorn)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ¾ tsp salt
- 1 Cup semisweet chocolate morsels
- 1 Cup M&Ms
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Put sheets of parchment paper on flat cookie sheets to prep for baking.
1. In a KitchenAid mixer or with a hand mixer cream together the butter and both sugars.
2. Add in the egg (I usually whisk in the egg with a hand whisk to make sure it’s incorporated really well) and the vanilla, then mix in the baking soda and salt.
3. Add in the flour 1 cup at a time, making sure to scrape the sides of the bowl so everything is mixed in well.
4. Finally, mix in the chocolate chips and the M&Ms.
5. Use a spoon (I actually use two – one to scoop and one to scrape the scoop spoon) to drop cookie dough onto the cookie sheet, keeping them about an inch apart. They’ll expand as they cook.
6. Bake the cookies one pan at a time for 10 minutes for softer cookies or for 12 minutes for crunchy cookies. Allow cookies to cool for at least 10 minutes after baking before eating these yummy delicious treats. Enjoy!